Friday, February 6, 2015

Thenmozhi Breastfeeding Journal

My breastfeeding journey full of roses and thorns. I was determined to breastfeeding but didn't know will face many problems. 2 weeks after delivery many issues like jaundice, baby did not latch well, improper vegetarian diets. Mother in law keep telling me that I do not produce enough milk. Husband blame me for letting baby in hungry just because i want to breastfeed. I was so stressed up.

I called Lactation Consultant, she helped me clear right side of breast and taught me how to latch baby.  In day 16, I went back to my home town and my sister brought an angel to help me. Su Li came with trial pump. I felt in love and brought in immediately.Only then I start to manage pumping and latching and seeing roses.

However, my MIL still believe i do not produce enough milk. Now my baby is 5 months old. Though he was fed with formula few times during weekend by my husband. I still continue my efforts to breastfeed him. Something is better than nothing. I thank God, my mom and my sister and all the mommies in the Baby Paradise group who keep inspiring me to move on.


No comments:

Post a Comment