Monday, May 25, 2015

Woman survive by drinking her own breastmilk.


A woman with two small children says she "survived" a night in the New Zealand forest by drinking her own breast milk.

Susan O’Brien took a wrong turn during a 20 km race, sparking a mass search operation when it became apparent she hadn't finished the race.


When she was eventually airlifted out of the forest at 11.30am, the first thing she did was feed her eight-month-old daughter.


The 29-year-old said she was convinced she would die overnight, praying and thinking of her family to pass the time.

Mrs O’Brien, who also has a two-year-old son, told reporters: “I definitely thought I was going to die. I’m breast-feeding my baby so I had a bit of my milk, which I thought, that should help me keep going.”


In addition to her breast milk, she also had two litres of water, gel packs and an energy bar, according to Radio New Zealand.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/australasia/new-zealand-runner-survives-night-in-the-wilderness-by-drinking-her-own-breast-milk-10240554.html


No comments:

Post a Comment